Saturday 10 November 2007

Making plans for Nigel.....

When I set out on my fitness campaign I had some stated goals. These have been added to over the weeks.

Firstly, my short term goal to get back to the shape, size and weight I was when I got Married 7 years ago. To be honest I don't know what weight I was, but I know what size trousers I wore, that will be a good enough indicator. Depending upon brand, I could fit into a 40/42" trouser. Levis for example were the larger, more 'budget' brands were the smaller.

My medium/long term goal was to get back into the same size trouser I was wearing in my mid 20's...a 36" waist. I promise you however, I won't wear the same fashion 'statements' I did in the late 80's/early 90's.

My long term goal is to stay there. Not to let my love of food damage my health.

I have thrown a few more things into the mix now.

I and my co-masochist decided to enter the Green Park Challenge - a 3K run in Reading in March....they have my money now. Then to enter the Reading 1/2 marathon 2009. Incidentally, we have also entered a 5K fun-run in December...I think we may have these the wrong way round :D.

When I get to a set weight, I will take up snowboarding. Something I did a year or so before I got married, promised myself I'd do again and never did. Then one night I was outside the local ice-rink/dry ski slope.

I will give up smoking, and save the money towards a snowboarding holiday. I gave up once before and frittered the extra money away, not again. If I find that I can't get on with snowboarding, then I will have laser eye surgery.

Now I ought to go to bed. I have to be at the gym in a few hours....