Saturday 8 November 2008

Well, that's two!

I woke this morning at 8am, not sure why I didn't go back to bed for an hour
or so after doing what everyone does first thing in the morning. I didn't
want to be late, Jumile has sat around waiting for me to turn up often
enough in the past, not any more, not unless I can't help it.

Sat down at the PC, checked my mail, found one confirming the time we'd meet
so I just pottered around before bathing - on Saturday mornings the gym
often smells of beer and curry, with people working off and probably
through, the excesses of Friday. I didn't want to add to it.

I left at 10am, arriving at 10:13 (according to the parking ticket machine),
stuck the ticket on the car window and gathered my crap together, on
switching off my phone I found Jumile had sent me a SMS message to say he
couldn't make it. I hope he doesn't think my response was a comment upon his
excuse, rather it was a comment in general.

Having got there, paid for the car park and steeled myself for it I went in
anyway.

I essentially did the same routine as on Wednesday, in a different order due
to the availability of the machines. I stepped up the intensity on the cross
trainer, both the resistance setting and the step rate which I kept above
125.

By the end of the session I was soaked with sweat, but felt good. There was
more 'in my legs' than on Wednesday and all being well, I will keep with
this level of effort for a few weeks but start extending the range of
additional machines I utilise.

T.

No comments: