Wednesday 5 November 2008

Hello again!

It's been a while....let me fill you in....

Due to issues with my Achilles tendon, my gym attendance has been patchy since last I posted, occasionally going 3 times a week, more often once a month. I haven't run at all...

Jumile and I spent some time in the summer cycling - until my bike buckled a wheel on a very small bump, fortunately I was not travelling very fast at the time and there was no spill and no injury. Having looked into a replacement wheel (and replacing the rear wheel at the same time on the basis that it was of the same shoddy manufacture) and comparing that to the cost of a new bike I bought a Giant something or other beginning with R.

That was August....shortly after that - a matter of days, I went into hospital for 3 weeks. Since coming out I've been to the gym a handful of times.

All that changes tomorrow.

As of now I will attend twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays - at least until mid-late spring when the outdoor archery season starts and we have a field on Wednesday evenings.

On the plus side, since going into hospital, when I was 126KG on their scales, I have lost (up to Saturday last) 12KG...very nearly 2 stone. This equates to approx 5" off my (considerable) waistline.

No comments: